Thursday, July 26, 2012

WE MADE IT!

Boarding to Hawaii! ALOHA!



About to start our Journey.. we are excited! (This is when we have no color.. hopefully in five months we will be tan)!
It has been quite the adventure so far! Yesterday was our big day of flights to Hawaii. We flew out of Seattle to Maui which was about six hours in the air. That flight seemed VERY long! We were served a complimentary meal of a turkey sandwich and a brownie. woo hoo!
TJ eating his YUMMY lunch!

Sandwich, and brownie.. what a meal.
When we made it to Maui we had a three hour layover. We got off the plane and the humidity hit us like a ton of bricks. TJ hasn't really ever experienced humidity so it was a shock to him! We weren't allowed to leave the airport so we went around to all the shops in the airport. Our next flight was to Honolulu. NOW this is a beautiful island! Flying in we got to see all the different colors of blue water. It was amazing. This is the island I want to go visit and stay a few days!! Unfortunately, we only got to spend about 2 minutes in this airport while we run across the airport "home alone style". Our flight got in late and our next one was about to leave. It was crazy! Our next flight was to the Big Island which was our final destination. This flight was about 20 minutes in the air so it was a nice quick flight. We landed on the Big Island, and came to our new home.


Our new home is a little studio apartment. We live in a great community which we are excited about. We really like our studio apartment. The only thing for me is that there is no stove/oven. It is only a kitchenette with a microwave, toaster oven, and the crockpot (which we bought here in Hawaii). I am going to have to be creative with meals!






View from our front door. Gorgeous!

Today TJ and I drove down to Kona to go to Walmart and get everything we need. Kona is about 40 minutes away from our apartment. Kona is GORGEOUS! It has palm trees everywhere and looks very Hawaiian. I loved it! Kona is where we will be doing our big grocery shopping trips, and our temple trips. It was fun to drive around the island and get a feel of everything. I am excited to spend more time in all these places! :)
Not a good picture.. but look at the palm trees!
It has only been 24 hours here in Hawaii, but we are loving it so far and we can't wait for all the adventures that are in store for us!


Oh.. this is the car we get to have while we are here! It is SO cute!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY COW! I am addicted to your blog just so you know. Your apartment is GORGEOUS!!!!! And our car is so adorable! You are so great at everything... you are going to come up with some awesome meal ideas! PLEASE keep the posts coming - I will check every day :) I am glad you got a meal on the plane and I am SO glad you get to see palm trees every day! We couldn't be happier for you two :) Keep us posted!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little car is funny/cute. The view from your door is amazing. Not a house in sight!

    ReplyDelete