Sunday, October 28, 2012

Spencer Beach

During the week TJ works from 6:30-5:30. I tend to get really lonely during the weeks so I like to spend some of my days at the beach. I decided to branch out from our usual Hapuna beach and I tried something new. Spencer beach is a lot smaller than Hapuna, but it is a lot less crowded. It is more of a family friendly beach which is perfect when I go alone. The weekend after I discovered Spencer beach I took TJ to show him around. While we were walking around we found a trail and decided to follow it.
We saw this beach and wondered why no one swims at it.. we decided we would make it our beach.

Random? Yes,  but I was having fun taking pictures!


My new skirt! I had to take a picture of it. :)








We discovered a long the way that this was a historical trail. We found these stories along the way. Back in the day there was a king who used to sit on this throne. He would put sacrifices in the middle of the ocean and would watch while sharks would come and eat these sacrifices. This is the reason why no one to this day swims at this part of the beach. Shark sightings have been spotted ever since. They have seen 15 sharks at one time. After reading this story we decided to take back our idea of claiming this beach.

TJ wanting to be like the king.



No comments:

Post a Comment